Once Upon a Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selene - Restart

2 posters

Go down

Selene - Restart Empty Selene - Restart

Post  Andromeda Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:46 pm

You're traveling on the highway, looking for a place to stop for the night. A turn-off appears; it's not on your map, but the sign says there's an inn so you turn in. Through the trees a town appears, surrounded by a high wall. A young woman sits in front of a tent at the entrance, calling out to you. "Fortunes! Seek your fortune! I know what's to come." You drive on. Inside, the town is quiet and grim. Ashes blow in the ruins of a burned street. Menacing statues tower in the town square. And from around a corner ahead of you comes a horse-drawn carriage. The driver, hidden in a black cloak, nods at you and disappears in a sudden fog; and somehow you know that something has gone very wrong. Welcome to Selene. Try to get out alive.

Locations:
Atalanta Inn - The only place for out-of-towners to stay, the inn is run by the sisters Bree and Callisto Leone. Men who see these sirens are instantly captivated, and waste away in despair when they are spurned. None are immune to their charms, though some may be able to resist, and none can melt their icy hearts.
Threnody Lane - 40 years ago, a fire destroyed this street. 23 people died. All attempts to clean up the mess fell by the wayside as people entering the area vanished; today the street is still blocked by debris, and any movement stirs clouds of choking ash. Looking down the lane at twilight you'd swear you saw inhuman shapes lurking in the ruins.
General Store - Run by Salem Karis, this shop carries anything you are looking for - and I do mean anything.
Sandy's Tent - Outside the town entrance half-mad Sandy sits in her tent, telling fortunes for whatever change her clients can spare.
Hemlock's Mansion - A mysterious woman named Hemlock founded the town nearly a century ago. A few years later she vanished, but her home still stands empty. Few who enter emerge again; those who do are forever changed, haunted, by what they encountered within; if their sanity survives at all. Every time you look at the building it seems a little strange, a little different, but you can never quite place what has changed.
Town Square - Beds of roses surround statues depicting scenes of brutality. Towering above the others is a larger-than-life figure of a tiger mauling a woman. Chloe Karis tends the gardens and sells flowers, and warns travelers to leave before they meet a terrible end.
Fountain of Youth - A toy shop run by Quinn. He is a dollmaker, and he specializes in life-sized dolls of children. They look so real you could swear you see them breathe, and strangely familiar; but if you break one open you'll find only porcelain and sawdust.
Holy Grace Church - No one can remember when this church was in use. Now it is abandoned and boarded up. Symbols and spells have been scrawled across the boards by many different hands, in charcoal, ink, and blood.
Temple of the Many - The only 'church' to be successful in Selene, there are no rites held here; it simply contains altars to various pagan gods. Offerings are often left here.
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene - Restart Empty London Jones

Post  Jedward Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:19 pm

London sighed irritably as he drove toward his destination. Killian had called and asked London to meet him at the new condo they were going to buy, which was all well and good but London had no idea about the gang activity in the area or how they would react to Angels on their turf. He convinced himself he was being paranoid, which was usually the case, but he had gone for hours without a smoke and had no other means to relieve stress. He spotted a sign for an inn and decided Ok, it's getting late. I'll turn here, buy some smokes and sleep. Told K I'd meet him tomorrow anyway.

As he drove he was met with a large wall and a tent. London pulled over and left his car to approach the tent and called "anyone there?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

https://storytime.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Selene - Restart Empty Sandy

Post  Andromeda Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:01 pm

Sandy emerged from her tent, draping a gauzy shawl across her shoulders. She turned her back on the stranger, holding a small mirror aloft to watch him in the reflection. "I see you," she said in a singsong voice. "Shall I read your runes?"
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:23 pm

"Read my what now?" London replied as he eyed the crazy lady warily
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Andromeda Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:25 pm

"Your runes," she repeated. "I can use crystals if you prefer." She pulled a large, clear stone from a pocket in her skirt and held it to her eye to look at him. "Oh. He's behind you."
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:53 pm

London turned around and spotted a man clothed in black driving a carriage. He turned to the crazy lady and asked "buddy of yours?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Andromeda Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:34 pm

"Perhaps," she replied. "If I live long enough. He won't be yours."
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:55 pm

"Nice," London replied sarcastically "well I'm just here for smokes so I won't be here long"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Andromeda Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:23 pm

"I expect you're right." She took his hand and pressed two old coins into it. "Best to be prepared." She vanished into her tent.
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:32 pm

London looked down at the coins and muttered darkly "the ferryman's fee..." He pocketed the coins with a quick "don't be stupid London! Get yer smokes and go"

The streets were eerily empty as London headed to the store to finally get his smokes.
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene - Restart Empty Salem

Post  Andromeda Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:24 pm

Salem barely glanced up as the bell over the door rang. "What kind?"
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:58 pm

London eyed the man with suspicion as he replied "I... didn't say what I was gonna buy..."
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene - Restart Empty Salem

Post  Andromeda Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:30 pm

"Smokes, right?" Salem was stocking a cooler with iced coffee.
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:51 pm

"Yeeaaah... just restocking, then I'll be on my way" London replied as he approached cautiously.
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene - Restart Empty Salem and Anne

Post  Andromeda Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:48 pm

"So, what kind?" While he moved to the counter he ducked into a storage room and pulled out a rack of bags. As he was ringing up the cigarettes two women came into the shop.
Anne went straight to the cooler. "Yes, I've been craving an ice mocha." Sarah was carrying a tattered old backpack; she looked over the rack and picked out a replacement. They lined up behind London.
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:37 pm

London pointed out his preferred brand and, noticing the backpack, asked "where you girls headed?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene - Restart Empty Sarah

Post  Andromeda Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:34 pm

Sarah answered. "I'm heading out west to find work. Anne's giving me a lift to the next city."
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:03 pm

"I see," London replied and continued with a laugh "were you greeted by 'Death' and the palm reader too?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Andromeda Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:06 pm

"Sandy doesn't do palms," Salem corrected, "doesn't like what she sees in them. And he's not Death. He's the Omen."
"Omen of what?" Anne asked. Salem shrugged.
"Death."
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:17 pm

London chuckled "Yeah, right. Good one."
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Andromeda Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:45 pm

"Nope." There was no trace of humor in Salem's tone. "Nothing about him is good. That's $13."
"Creepy," Anne muttered.
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:49 pm

London paid for his smokes and asked "so what's his deal then? He just hangs out freaking people out?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene - Restart Empty Salem Karis

Post  Andromeda Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Salem moved on to cashing out the women. "He appears to out-of-towners. Once you see him you don't leave Selene alive." He still spoke as casually as if they were discussing the weather.
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene - Restart Empty Re: Selene - Restart

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down