Once Upon a Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behind Sad Eyes

2 posters

Go down

Behind Sad Eyes Empty Behind Sad Eyes

Post  Jedward Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:22 pm

This will be a collection of backstories for my characters in "Once Upon a Time". It will be up to Doodler if she wants to do the backstories of her characters.

The Order of each characters stories will be as follows (will be edited if Doodler wants to join):

1) Angel
2) Hibiki
3) Reaper
4) Kiora
5) Tyler
6) ???

These stories will be told from that characters point of view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Lyude on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

https://storytime.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Behind Sad Eyes Empty Story 1: Angel

Post  Jedward Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:32 pm

I was perhaps 7 years old when the war hit. A demon had eaten a human and so began our blood feud. While the demons prepared to make their own world my father turned to me and said "Angel... you have a new task... keep the demon name in this world," I tried to ask him why but he continued so suddenly "the moment we are forgotten is the moment we lose to the humans. As warriors we cannot let their arrogance defeat us" The other demons finished the portal to their new world, and before I could go with them...

they were all gone... and the portal was closed.

I walked back into the village, prepared to face the torches and swords. But when I saw them, their eyes wide with fear, I couldn't bring myself to come out of the bushes. When they were satisfied, thinking that all the demons were gone, I slipped into the village.
---------

For 10 years I tried to remind humans of the demons, but the humans never believed me... Priests from churches would scream at me for mentioning 'Satan's Servants'. And got even more angry when I argued otherwise.

Being homeless wasn't so bad. I never had to fight with anyone for warmth in the winter, they usually let me sit with them for at least a few minutes to warm up.

One day, while I was telling my stories, I was attacked by a group of students. I crawled down an alleyway to escape. And for a while I was safe... but then... I started to feel the effects of blood loss... if I hadn't grabbed her ankle... I would have died then and there...

At first she wanted to get me to the hospital, but I told her I couldn't go there. She didn't listen to me until I said I wouldn't make it to the hospital.

We went to her house, where I quickly realized how good she was with bandages and gauze. I told her my name and she told me her's... Natalie...

She laughed when I told her where I was from. That is, until I showed her my ears and tail. I would have shown her my fangs and claws, but I had to file them down to look normal. Anyway, she was finally convinced after trying to pull my tail off.

She let me stay with her from a while, and eventually we fell in love. We couldn't get married since I technically didn't exist in this world... so I showed her the portal... and we left the human world behind.

Together we built a home in a tree, knowing that our children would never be pure-bloods, and had our own demon bonding ceremony. I cut a small line on her right palm and she did the same to my left. We held each others hand as our bloods mixed.

Our own secret marriage.

Years passed us by. We were happy with our two boys - Tyler and Theodore. We also took care of a little half-Kaichi girl, Kaichi is a cat demon. Her name was Hibiki.

I still dream about back then... when we were happy. But it was not to last. We heard the legend... saw the signs... and Natalie had to leave with Theodore...

Tyler stayed with me along with Hibiki. But... it was still so hard to let her go... I told her to put a tombstone with my human name on it where she had first seen the portal and to bury lilies in the grave to anchor the portal... so she didn't have to leave forever.

After all these years... I never expected to she him again...
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Behind Sad Eyes Empty Story 2: Hibiki

Post  Jedward Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:23 am

My name is Hibiki Yudai. I'm a half Kaichi demon and was raised with a bunch of dog demons and a human. It didn't start out like that. Are you stupid? No, I had my own family before I went to Angel's place.

I still remember them...

I had four older siblings: Ren, the twins - Haruto and Kaito, and Takashi. My parents weren't the types to use names, they always addressed each other as 'Wife' and 'Husband'. Heh... to think I'll never know their names.... We lived in a fairly small village, only Kaichi demons were allowed in.

Even though mother was a half-demon we were allowed to stay in the village, we just couldn't interact with the other clans. Other than the occasional fight with the other children I had a pretty normal life for a little Kaichi girl.

Then... it happened...

I don't remember much... There was a lot of smoke... and wild flames scorched my arms. Someone had set the village on fire, and I was separated from my family. I remember hearing my mother calling for me and Takashi, but father pulled her away and yelled "if they cannot survive on their own they have no place in the Yudai clan"

I never forgave my father for leaving me and Takashi. I woke up a bit away from the burnt village... I must've crawled away at some point and blacked out.

I went back to the village... and found Takashi... I only recognized him because he was wearing the feather bracelet I made him for his birthday. Even then I had to make out the feathers from the rest of the burnt clothes and such... Even though he could have escaped he tried to protect someone... a child about my age... 7 years old...

I wandered the forest for days before Angel found me. He wasn't like the other half-demons. He fought back when full-bloods tried to keep him down. Even when he knew he couldn't win he would fight for his family... twin boys... Tyler and Theodore. I see them and can't help but think about Haruto and Kaito... I miss my blood family, but... Angel never let me feel like an outcast... He always held us together

What a weird dog...

Last edited by Cosmo on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Finishing the story)
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Behind Sad Eyes Empty Story 3: Reaper

Post  Jedward Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm

I was born on All Hollows Night in 1885 in Sora Village, a remote village in Japan kept out of the history books for fear of invasion. Our village never had enemies with the outside world, it was in the village that they feared most of all.

It wasn't a traitor in the village, or a murderer. No, they feared the one thing they couldn't control...

The demon spirit - Morikai

Every one hundred years a Morikai would be born in the village. This year... it was me. I don't remember the village very well. I was banished along with my parents the day I was born. But dad used to tell me how beautiful it was, he even made a house in the forest so we wouldn't feel so far from home.

My dad told me about how he used to try and hide me from my mom when I was a baby. He said the stress of being banished made her sick(though now I know she was just a lunatic) and that was why I couldn't let her see me.

All she would do if she saw me was scream for my dad, but all that changed when Kimmy was born. I was six years old when Kimberly Sinclaire was born... and mom completely turned on me.

She would grab anything she could to use as a weapon against me. My dad would always stop her and give me a chance to escape, but he wasn't always fast enough. I got a lot of scars from her, but most of them were after I did something unforgivable...

I killed my father... my only friend...

Kimmy was four years old and I was ten. I had gotten a letter from a messenger from the village. Wallace Sinclaire was killed while spreading blasphemous messages in the village of the Morikai's kindness.

When mom found the letter she hunted me down with dad's old pocket knife. When I got away I felt like I was half dead. But stupid Kimmy found me and bandaged me up well enough that I could help myself. And she wouldn't leave until she saw the bandages were on right.

A month later some demon hunters came to our home and tried to kill me. I thought that was it but... mom protected me. She pushed me towards the door and screamed "Take Kimberly and run!" I took Kimmy(who was hiding in a corner) by her hand and ran. When the hunters left I went back inside...

They had carved a message into my mother...

The message was 'No Sanctuary'... I told Kimmy to close her eyes and sing her favorite lullaby . When she did I carried mom as best I could and buried her under her beloved cherry tree.

A year later I had Kimmy with me as we were stealing apples to eat. We had become masters of deception. But Kimmy was always ahead of me because she knew how nervous the village made me and told me to hold onto her arm. It was nice compared to the roof jumping I used to do.

One day me and Kimmy were caught and were forced to run home. We made it back, but the hunters were hot on our trail. I had Kimmy hide with me in a closet and we huddled as far back as we could.

The hunters came in, and I heard one say "Maybe we should leave him be. He has done our village no harm even though he lives so close" A gruff voice, the leader, replied "No! He is probably waiting for us the lower our guard" As they looked for us me and Kimmy had been so quiet, but just as they were leaving--

THUMP!

Kimmy's foot had slipped and hit the closet door. Again the leader and kinder hunter argued:
"What was that?!"
"It was nothing. Probably a rat knocking over something"
"You weakling! We must search again, they are here!"

They searched again, this time the kinder one found us. He looked at us with surprise, and seemed like he was going to help us hide by keeping quiet, but another hunter peered over his shoulder just as he was about to close the door and bellowed "Kamui found them!"

I don't remember what happened between the closet and the living room, but I do remember one last argument before my life was torn apart:
"You can't do this Master! She is innocent! I thought we hunted demons, not our own people!"
"Don't you dare go against me Kamui! It has a connection with this girl, we must teach it for the next life as well!"
"No!" I remember seeing Kamui, the kindest human other than my dad and Kimmy, die all because he tried to free my sister. Kimmy started to scream my name, but I couldn't do anything because we were being held apart by the hunters.

Then, without a moments pause for his fallen comrade, 'Master'(as Kamui called the leader) turned to me with a sword to Kimmy's chest and said "A beast like you does not deserve such innocence"

I blacked out

It wasn't until I felt the burning in my stomach that I realized that I had killed all the hunters. There were only two spots that weren't burned by my fire stone. It was too late for Kimmy... But Kamui was just barely hanging on.

I wrapped some bandages around his injuries and carried him as best I could back to the village. He kept trying to get me to leave him to die, but I didn't listen. I told him "Tell them you killed the Morikai... The evil spirit of the demon has cursed the old shack in the woods... I want you to live... because you are the last kindness I'll ever see..."

------------

A few weeks past and I never heard from Kamui until one night. Someone knocked on my door, came inside and handed my a copy of a letter sent to every home in Sora Village:

"The Morikai Spirit has been cleansed. Misunderstood, Kamui Junpei eased the spirit and helped it pass on. Though the old home in the woods is still cursed, the lake has been blessed by the Morikai's kindness"

Before I could see who delivered the letter, they were gone. But they dropped a photo - It was Kamui with a beautiful woman(probably his wife) and two children. On the back of the photo something was written - Kamui and Anju Junpei with their children Ayuka and...

Muga Junpei

The dope named his son after me. I held on to the picture until the day I died. And he came for me.

"It's time..."
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Behind Sad Eyes Empty Story 4: Kiora

Post  Jedward Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:17 pm

I was created on February 1st at 2:27 pm. I awoke to see myself suspended in what appeared to be a mechanism resembling a cryo-tube. My first sight was blurred substantially, making it near impossible to register the man outside my cryo-tube, whom I would later register as my creator and master.

After I was released I was immediately tested, pushing my abilities as far as I was capable. I destroyed many lives during the tests. I asked my master why my eyes burned when I terminated a young girl, but I was simply beaten for admitting... feelings.

My master was a kind man, he was simply... under-valued. I theorize that, due to the lack of affection, my master turned to revenge. Perhaps... that is why he showed no affection for me?

After several months of testing, I was given my first command. I never told my master, but... after I was given the order... my eyes burned at such a rate that it was almost

unbearable

Men and women would scream when they saw me. Children cried and pleaded for me to stop and leave them. But I... I could not. If there was a god... he surely would never forgive me...

I found a boy, short haired with over-sized clothes and many bandages. I recognized him... and my legs felt unstable.

I had been given special instructions for this boy. Th-the *ahem* The instructions were cruel for the boy, but nonetheless... I executed them...

After my mission, I felt ill. My stomach was tight, my face felt over heated, my legs shook with every step... but nothing was as critical... as the tightness in my chest. I am only grateful that my master did not notice.

That night, I was terrified. My eyes began to leak, and I was afraid that I had begun to deteriorate. I went to my master, whom was not too pleased with the mid-night awakening, and inquired about the leaking. He looked into my eyes and told me in his usual, cold tone "you've become unstable. Here, I'll fix it" He applied pressure on different areas of my head until the leaking stopped.

My master went back to sleep, but I escaped the cavern we called home to researched the mysterious leaking. It was then that I found out...

My master lied...

I was physically stable, it was my emotions that were unstable. The leaking was what is called 'crying', or 'shedding tears'. I researched this 'crying' action as long as I could before returning to my master.

When I returned, my master was standing in my room. He had found out about my escape and decided to take measures to ensure I never escaped again.

I landed heavily (or rather, as heavily as someone with my weight could) onto the bed as my master forced me onto my back and tied my arms together. I looked up in fear as he tore the front of my shirt and placed a hand over my Water-Stone.

His voice was over-flowing with hatred as he hissed "If you struggle I'll tear you apart" I laid as still as I could as he tied a ribbon around my neck. There was a bell, enchanted with an unknown magic, on the ribbon that laid in the crook of my neck.

He rung the tiny gold bell once...

And I lost my will
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Behind Sad Eyes Empty Re: Behind Sad Eyes

Post  Drafon Wed May 25, 2011 8:08 pm

My story is not like the others' stories. It wasn't really depressing, nor angry, or lots of sadness. But it's not a everything's happy story either. Whether or not, I am here to tell my story.

I was born under Angel and Natalie Jade, two minutes before my twin brother, Theodore. I was the first to call him Theo!

We were half dog demons like our father with the works! Ears, tails, and fangs, though not very big. Oh well, they were fun for us as kids!

Theo and I loved both our parents a lot. Who wouldn't? They were awesome! But even then, for some reason Theo had a bit closer attachment to mom, while I was a bit closer to dad. This did conflicted with our fighting skills a little. While more of my time was spent learning the basics of fighting, Theo would rather stay inside and listen to mom tell him stories about the human world. He didn't want to move there or anything, but he was interested. Not that Theo didn't learn the basics, he did, he just liked spending more time listening than fighting sometimes.

I was basically given the 'protector' position over my brother. I didn't mind at all. I loved him! He was fun to play with. Since he wasn't a skilled fighter as I was, I had always been told to protect Theo. So it's not just because I'm the older brother! I also loved making Theo laugh, especially when he was sad. It helped both of us. He would stop being sad, and I wouldn't have to see him sad. I don't like seeing people sad.

Theo and I were so identical back then we were able to pretend to be the other sometimes. When we were 5, it worked on everyone except our parents. They knew us too well.

Though the identicalness changed one day when Theo and I were running around outside. He and I strayed too far from home, and we ran into a bad guy. Not sure what else to call him. Well we tried to walk away, but he wouldn't let us leave. I knew he were looking for someone to beat up. Why else would he bother two kids?

He went in for a kick. Theo and I both jumped away, but then we were separated. Sadly the guy was fast as he gave Theo a kick before I could get up. I was able to guess that because I heard Theo whimper after that.

I immediately got up and ran over to Theo. The guy had a knife out and was already swinging. It sliced into my left cheek. Not completely through, but enough to bleed a lot and to get stitches for a couple of days. I yelped, and I know I cried a little.

If you really knew the kind of kid I was back then, what I did next was completely out of my character. I kicked the guy in the shin, then the groin. He had loosened his grip on the knife, so I grabbed it. I sliced the guy's right arm, though not as deep as he did to me. I guess the guy wasn't as good as I had thought, because he ran away, probably thinking this kid was stronger than he looked, so he wasn't deal with it.

I turned to my brother and he sat on the ground crying. He didn't speak, just pointed at my cheek where blood poured out. I guess he was crying more so for me then how scared he was before. I grabbed his hand and hoisted him up off the ground, and we started to walk home together. I talked to him, trying to keep him calm the best I could with a damaged cheek. I'm not like those tough guys who handles the pain. It hurt like hell, and I probably would've taken a few minutes to cry to myself, but my first concern was my brother.

My parents freaked out when we got home. Theo, now calmed down, told them as much of the situation as he could. While mom tended to my cheek wound, giving me stitches, and checking to make sure Theo was ok, dad hunted the guy down and beat him up.

So that's how I got the scar on my left cheek, but this isn't the end of the story yet.

A year and a half later, a terrible event was predicted. That event involved me, a half Kaichi demon named Hibiki, and Theo. This automatically put all of us in danger, but mom and dad both knew that Theo was in the most danger with the least amount of fighting skills. So they did what they had to do. Mom left the demon world with Theo to be raised in the human world. Hibiki and I stayed with dad.

Natalie leaving was probably as hard for Angel as it was for Theo leaving me. Theo's my brother, I didn't want him to leave. I knew it wouldn't be the same without him.

I missed my brother all of those years... but I know I will see him again.
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Behind Sad Eyes Empty ???

Post  Jedward Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:47 pm

We are ---

We can't remember much of our childhood. Nothing before the fire. We followed a man and woman through a forest as best we could, but eventually fell behind and got lost. We ended up in an under ground village where half-breeds would hide and made ourselves a new home.
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Behind Sad Eyes Empty Re: Behind Sad Eyes

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum