Once Upon a Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons in our Midst

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dragons in our Midst Empty Dragons in our Midst

Post  Drafon Thu May 26, 2011 12:21 pm

For centuries, dragons and human lived in harmony and partnership. There were no problems between man and beast. Humans lived there lives like humans do. Dragons freely flew the skies with no worries.
That is, until one day one dragon changed it all.
In the time of King Arthur, there was a dragon that rebelled against humans, bringing terrible destruction to the villages and people around. Other dragons joined the rebellion, giving other dragons a bad name. Thus, creating the war between humans and dragons.
Because of the rebellious dragons, all dragons were seen as evil, Not only the dragons who caused the destruction were killed, but some of the innocent dragons too.
People gathered to kill the dragons, which was then Dragon Slayers were started to kill the dragons, the one leading the group was a man named Devin.
Merlin, the King's adviser and friend of the dragons, knew not all the dragons were evil. He gathered the remaining dragons who were not on the rebellious dragon's side to a secret place, where he gave him the best way to hide from the slayers.
Turning them into humans.
The dragons accepted the transformation, except one. This one dragon was afraid and unsure of what Merlin was doing. So before the transformation could completely take place, the dragon flew away.
The dragons were human, and they were happy for their safety. But sadly, Merlin, along with the other dragons, realized that they were not completely safe because of the dragon who ran away. He knew what had happened to them, and now they must still try to keep hidden.
They parted, knowing that staying together would danger them more. All of the dragons, now human, lived among people, learning their ways and being, well, human. But there was one condition to their sacred hiding.
They still aged like dragons, meaning they still lived for centuries to come.
---
It has been over 1500 years now, and the dragons have had barely to no contact with each other. No one knows how many dragons are around, or who's still alive.

Last edited by RandomArtist on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Dragons in our Midst Empty Rules!

Post  Drafon Thu May 26, 2011 12:24 pm

1 Always: no goodmodding!

2 When the dragons turned human they didn't have any of their dragons powers. They just still aged like dragons. Dragon children (children born under a humanized dragon and human), though, can pick up some of their parent's dragon traits, like fire breathing or wings. They can have up to three dragon traits/powers. You can create any powers for a dragon EXCEPT for mind reading, telekenisis, future seeing, or talking to animals. The dragons, when they were dragons (XD), back then spoke human, and they didn't understand animals. Also, some dragon children develop their powers at a young age, some dont.

*Note*: If there's a power that you are not sure of if it's ok, talk to me. I won't make the final decision (unless it's a really odd power for any dragon to have) we will discuss it and decide together.

Examples of physical traits:
- wings (cannot be retractable, but can fold in weird way if must be)
- scales (can be full body or just one part)
- claws (noticeable or retractable, whatever your preference is)
- horns (long or short if you feel inspired to do so)
- tail (...this is tricky. If you have any ideas to do this ask just to be sure)

Examples of powers:
- fire breathing
- ice breathing
- healing (there are many ways this can be done. Please discuss these ideas before using in RP)
- danger sense (none would have a strong sense where they can know exactly where the danger is, and this isn't like if they have danger hidden in the back of their minds. If they are physically moving to do danger, or if they are dead sent on danger, then yea you can tell. This one is also tricky to play with.)

I will say that sensing other dragons should be something all the dragons and dragon children have (cause they share the same blood, it's an animal thing XD) BUT not all of them have it strong. Some can feel it a bit more than others, but it cannot be like "I can pin point this dragon" and "they are many miles away" cause that doesn't work like that. So they would have to be near.

Also, if you need other ideas, look at other fantasy books about dragons and go over the internet and see other ideas. Let me know any ideas and see where that goes. You don't have to say which character or when the power will be used, just give me the power idea.

3 Since society had forgotten about dragons (since they disappeared long ago) most people wouldn't know about dragons, or feel natural about it. There can be a few humans who know about this, but they are usually told by the former dagons.

4 Not only are there humanized dragons, but there are also slayers who either know or believed the former slayers that dragons still existed. Plus they're kinda key for the rp XD

5 Have as many characters as you want! There isn't a lot of us, so I'm not gonna put a limit to the number of character people can have.

6 The first few characters need profile backgrounds, but they don't have to be completed till later if there's something you don't want known about them till later.

7 If there's a character that you want in the rp, but do not want everyone to know who they are yet (like put a profile up) you can do what you want with them and a put up a profile later when they've been seen or introduced in the rp. Mostly whenever you want.

8 The world they are in have minor people too, so if there's, for example, a shop keeper or a police around and they need to say something, you can give them speech without making an actual character. We need the background people too! XD

9 There can be no full dragons that just hid for 1500 years and suddenly come out. They either have to be humanoid dragons now or used to be.

10 Have fun! Get creative! Go crazy! It's a crazy world, which calls for crazy awesome imagination!

Last edited by RandomArtist on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Dragons in our Midst Empty Eric Tombstone

Post  Jedward Thu May 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Eric sat in a tree by the soccer field, sketching in his book. He would glance every now and then at the kids playing on the field.
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

https://storytime.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Dragons in our Midst Empty Re: Dragons in our Midst

Post  Drafon Tue May 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Aurora kicked the ball hard, sending it flying to her team player, who shot them yet another goal. She ran back to her position to go for the ball once again.

The goalie kicked the ball far into the opposite side of the field. Aurora ran towards to.

Another guy was running towards the ball just as she was. She wouldn't let him get it, that was for sure.

She skidded for the ball, knocking it away from the opponent. She quickly jumped up and ran with the other players to the goalie line.

One of her own players kicked the ball towards her, and she gave a powerful kick to the net. The goalie missed, and they scored. The game had ended.

She jumped up in excitement along with her friends, who ran towards her, making something like a huddle. A lot of them congratulated her on the winning goal.
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Tue May 31, 2011 6:19 pm

Eric watched the winning team huddle around one of the members and scoffed. Such excitement over a ball being kicked.
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Drafon Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:11 am

After congratulated eeryone, Aurora drank form her bottle of water, finishing it. She placed the empty bottle in her backpack. She stood up and scanned the field till she noticed the ball.

"Hey!" she called to one of her friends. "Pass my ball over! I'm not leaving it here again!"

Her friend gave it a fierce kick, which flew passed her and hit the trunk of a tree in the distance. She rolled her eyes. "Thanks!"

"You're welcome!" Her friend called, laughing.

She ran over to get her ball at the base of the tree. She looked up to notice something black in the trees.

"Um... Hello up there?" Aurora asked in curiosity.
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Eric heard a girl and, not looking away from his sketchbook, responded "Need something?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Drafon Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Aurora raised an eyebrow. "Yea. An answer to my question: why are you up in a tree?"
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Eric sighed and replied "I'm up here because I like the shade" He looked down at the girl and said "now, if you don't mind my asking: why is a soccer player talking to an art student?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Drafon Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Aurora grinned. "Why can't I? I don't see any law saying 'soccer players and artists can't talk to each other'. Besides, I was just wondering why someone was hanging around in a tree."
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Eric chuckled and said "fair enough." He hopped down and offered "walk ya home?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Drafon Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Aurora shrugged. "Sure," She picked up her soccer ball and waved to her friends. "I'll see you guys later!"

One called to her "Hey! We were gonna treat you to something! For the game!"

"Nah, I need a shower. Like now! We'll hang tomorrow!" She turned to Eric and asked "So were you watching the game? Or just sketching?"
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:09 pm

Eric shrugged and replied "A bit of both" He grabbed his satchel and rubbed at his shoulder. It had been hurting for the last couple of days now, each day it seemed worse.
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Drafon Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:19 pm

"Pretty great game, eh?... Hey, you ok?" Aurora asked with concern.
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Eric shook his head and replied "this is nothing. Anyway, you were talking about your game?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Dragons in our Midst Empty Aurora Robin

Post  Drafon Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:45 pm

"Oh, yea, the game. It was awesome! Very challenging. It was a lot of fun!" She smiled, then asked "Are you into sports at all?"
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:09 am

Eric rolled up his sleeve to reveal his pale, almost inhumanly thin, arms. He extended his arm and poked at the upper area. He asked "Does this look like a sports-guy physic?" He smiled to show he was playing with her.

((He feels he has to smile after saying things like this because he has a sarcastic tone by default X3 ))
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Drafon Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:39 am

Aurora laughed. "Yea, you're right. Then with the sketchbook I guess you're an artist? What do you draw?"
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:46 am

Eric fixed his sleeve and replied "Take a look if you like" He passed his sketchbook to her and smiled.

((He mostly draws scenery, scenes from school, and dragons))
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Drafon Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:45 pm

"Sure," She took the sketchbook and flipped through the pages.

"Oh... wow... These are incredible!" She exclaimed as she looked at the sketches. "Especially the dragons! I love dragons!" She smiled. "You're amazing!"
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Eric chuckled as he scratched the bridge of his nose embarrassed. He replied quietly "you think so? My dad says I suck crap. My teachers say I'm too dark. And my... nevermind" he looked away, and seemed... almost like he had an aura of sadness around him.
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Drafon Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Aurora started to feel sad. When people were sad she was sad. And what else was he going to say? She wasn't going to ask him though. He seemed sad enough already.

She felt the need to do something. She always felt this way when her friends were sad, and even though she had only known this guy for just a little while she still wanted to comfort him in anyway.

She wrapped one of her arms around him while still walking. Since she was shorter than him it was more about his arms.

This wasn't awkward for her at all, mentally. She hugged both girl and guy friends. This was no problem for her.
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Eric looked down at the girl and realized he didn't even know her name. He chuckled nervously and said "um... this is kinda embarrassing, but what's your name?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Drafon Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:32 pm

"Oh, um..." Aurora let go of Eric and laughed embarrassingly. "Yeah, I guess we forgot to introduce each other." She held her hand out. "I'm Aurora Robin."

((Yea, I realized that a while ago. XD))
Drafon
Drafon
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:16 pm

Eric took Aurora's hand and replied "Tombstone. Eric Tombstone"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer