Once Upon a Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selene

2 posters

Go down

Selene     Empty Selene

Post  Andromeda Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:22 pm

You're traveling on the highway, looking for a place to stop for the night. A turn-off appears; it's not on your map, but the sign says there's an inn so you turn in. Through the trees a town appears, surrounded by a high wall. A young woman sits in front of a tent at the entrance, calling out to you. "Fortunes! Seek your fortune! I know what's to come." You drive on. Inside, the town is quiet and grim. Ashes blow in the ruins of a burned street. Menacing statues tower in the town square. And from around a corner ahead of you comes a horse-drawn carriage. The driver, hidden in a black cloak, nods at you and disappears in a sudden fog; and somehow you know that something has gone very wrong. Welcome to Selene. Try to get out alive.

Locations:
Atalanta Inn - The only place for out-of-towners to stay, the inn is run by the sisters Bree and Callisto Leone. Men who see these sirens are instantly captivated, and waste away in despair when they are spurned. None are immune to their charms, and none can melt their icy hearts.
Threnody Lane - 40 years ago, a fire destroyed this street. 23 people died. All attempts to clean up the mess fell by the wayside as people entering the area vanished; today the street is still blocked by debris, and any movement stirs clouds of choking ash.
General Store - Run by Salem Karis, this shop carries anything you are looking for - and I do mean anything.
Sandy's Tent - Outside the town entrance half-mad Sandy sits in her tent, telling fortunes for whatever change her clients can spare.
Hemlock's Mansion - A mysterious woman named Hemlock founded the town nearly a century ago. A few years later she vanished, but her home still stands empty. Few who enter emerge again; those who do are forever changed, haunted, by what they encountered within; if their sanity survives at all. Every time you look at the building it seems a little strange, a little different, but you can never quite place what has changed.
Town Square - Beds of roses surround statues depicting scenes of brutality. Towering above the others is a larger-than-life figure of a tiger mauling a woman. Chloe Karis tends the gardens and sells flowers, and warns travelers to leave before they meet a terrible end.
Fountain of Youth - A toy shop run by Quinn. He is a dollmaker, and he specializes in life-sized dolls of children. They look so real you could swear you see them breathe, and strangely familiar; but if you break one open you'll find only porcelain and sawdust.
Holy Grace Church - No one can remember when this church was in use. Now it is abandoned and boarded up. Symbols and spells have been scrawled across the boards by many different hands, in charcoal, ink, and blood.
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene     Empty Mathew Birkin

Post  Jedward Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:19 am

Mathew ran through the trees, desperate to make sure the CO did not follow. He stumbled into a small clearing and was surprised to see a tent right outside what he could only assume was a town... or a fortress of some sort. It was odd either way.
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

https://storytime.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Selene     Empty Sandy

Post  Andromeda Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Sandy emerged from her tent in a flowing dress, wrapped in a gauzy scarf - the picture of a carnival psychic. She held a crystal to her eye and stared through it. "I see you. Tell your fortune?"
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene     Empty Re: Selene

Post  Jedward Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Mathew turned to the woman and stuttered. What could he say? What should he do? He wasn't exactly in casual clothes.
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene     Empty Sandy

Post  Andromeda Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Sandy giggled girlishly, though he hadn't spoken. "Don't fear, there is no dress code here. Come, come." She motioned inside the tent. "There are things you must hear."
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:45 am

With nowhere else to go, Mathew went inside. He kept a wary eye on the woman, something about her made his hair stand on end.
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene     Empty Sandy

Post  Andromeda Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Sandy peered through her crystal with a far-away gaze. "The carriage is about today. You will meet the driver, but also more pleasant company. Don't bother with the youngest, she won't be here long enough to matter. Forget the line between reality and dream. And..." She dropped the crystal on her little table and grabbed his hands, holding them with more strength than her delicate frame would suggest. Her eyes were now focused intently on him. "Don't sacrifice yourself."
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Mathew tried to pull away and replied "um please stop touching me now"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene     Empty Sandy

Post  Andromeda Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Sandy's grip tightened. "Promise me you won't do it."
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:47 pm

"Alright alright I promise!"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene     Empty Sandy

Post  Andromeda Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Sandy let go of him and smiled gently, her previous intensity having vanished without a trace. "Good. You'll want to go to the general store first. Salem has what you need."
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Very wary of this woman, Mathew asked "where might I find him?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene     Empty Sandy

Post  Andromeda Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:36 am

"The main street, past Threnody. Don't go there, never go there. Threnody burns."
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Mathew said thank you and then got out of there as fast as he could. When he found the store he slowly walked in, looking around at the many things for sale.
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene     Empty Salem Karis

Post  Andromeda Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:04 pm

The shopkeeper appeared from behind a curtain at the back, carrying a set of clothes and an assortment of small items that he set on a shelf. He seemed unperturbed by Mathew's prison garb. "I have bolt cutters and a skeleton key. What's your preference?"
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedward Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Mathew took a moment to gather his wits and answered "I-I, uh, would prefer the key"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene     Empty Salem Karis

Post  Andromeda Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Salem helpfully unlocked the cuffs and tucked the key into the pocket of the pants he had brought out. "I figure you'll want the clothes too. You don't look like you have much, but we can put it on credit. Just make sure you pay me later."
Andromeda
Andromeda
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Selene     Empty Mathew Birkin

Post  Jedward Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:19 pm

"Do I have a certain time frame to pay you back?"
Jedward
Jedward
Spammer
Spammer